Preliminary tip: If you do not want to take a screenshot after all, you can cancel the process at any time by pressing the "ESC" key.
In this article, we show you how to create a screenshot under macOS. We will introduce you to three possibilities:
- With the key combination Cmd-Shift-3 ( + + (command key ⌘ + Shift + 3.)) you can create a screenshot of the complete screen content. The screenshot is then automatically saved on your Mac desktop.
- With the key combination Cmd-Shift-4 ( + + (Command ⌘ + Shift + 4.)) you can create a screenshot of a selected area. After pressing this key combination a selection area arrow appears on your screen.
- Now hold down the left mouse button to select the area you want to capture as a screenshot.
- The screenshot is automatically saved to your Mac desktop when you release the mouse pointer.
- Use the key combination Cmd-Shift-4 ( + + (command key ⌘ + Shift + 4.)) and then press the space bar to take a picture of the selected window".